His conclusion is that offering one eBook for free can result in enormous interest in your work which then goes onto have a positive sales impact on your other books.
I have only published one book but already my eyes have been opened.
I'm currently sitting at number one in the two categories I selected for my eBook: 10 Plumbing tips to save you time and money
- #1 in Kindle Store - Books - Home and Garden - How-to and Home Improvements - Plumbing and Household Automation
- #1 in Kindle Store - Books - Home and Garden - How-to and Home Improvements - Do-It-Yourself
This is only in the free category of course but even so, it is quite amazing to go to number one within 24 hours of release:
Colour me excited!
A huge thank you to everyone who downloaded my eBook! I have learnt so much through taking part in Joe Konrath's 8 hour eBook challenge:
- Producing a short high quality eBook can interest people in downloading your book.
- Using free special offers can generate a lot of interest.
- It isn't that hard to publish an eBook.
- I will need to spend more time on editing and formatting next time...
Also, a kind person on Joe's blog gave this tip which I'll repeat here. If you analyse the url for my eBook:
The bit in the middle can be anything you want... Remove it:
Change it to something completely different:
Or even snub the author...
Copying and pasting all of the above links will take you to my eBook, only free now for a very short time...